At Covington Behavioral Health Hospital, located in Covington, Louisiana, we offer a highly effective detox program for adults age 18 and older who are battling addictions to a variety of substances, including alcohol, opioids, cannabis, amphetamines, methamphetamines, and sedatives/hypnotics.
About Detox Treatment
Detoxification, or detox, is the process of ridding the body of harmful substances. Detox helps ensure the safety of the individual who is undergoing the withdrawal process and is often the first step in receiving addiction treatment.
When a person develops an addiction to drugs or alcohol, it means that their body has adapted to the presence of the substance they have been using. When they try to stop using the substance, they may experience painful and dangerous withdrawal symptoms. The effects of withdrawal can vary widely depending on the type of substance a person has been using, the individual’s overall health, and the duration and extent of their substance abuse.
Common physical withdrawal symptoms include:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Fatigue and weakness
- Rapid heart rate
- High blood pressure
- Muscle aches and pains
- Tremors or shaking
- Drastic changes in appetite
Common psychological withdrawal symptoms include:
- Intense mood swings
- Difficulty focusing
Participating in a detox treatment program can help you manage the physical and mental effects of withdrawal, address the underlying causes of your substance use, and remain in recovery.
Our Detox Program in Covington, Louisiana
At Covington Behavioral Health Hospital, we help individuals who are battling addictions stabilize so that they can focus on the therapeutic components of their care and make meaningful progress toward healing.
Features of our inpatient detox program include:
- In-depth and ongoing assessments
- A safe and supportive therapeutic environment
- Individualized treatment
- Round-the-clock medical supervision
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT)
- Highly trained medical staff
- Detailed continuing care plans
Our team recognizes that withdrawal symptoms can often perpetuate the cycle of addiction by keeping people from ending their substance use or seeking the treatment they need. For this reason, we are committed to helping each person in our detox program complete the withdrawal process successfully and comfortably.
For those who are struggling with opioid addictions, we may prescribe certain medications that can help reduce or eliminate painful withdrawal symptoms and psychological opioid cravings. Medications we prescribe as part of MAT services include methadone, Suboxone, Subutex, and Vivitrol. If we believe that you could benefit from taking medication as part of your personalized treatment plan, we will work closely with you to determine the medication type and dosage that can help you achieve the desired results.
Patients in our premier detox program may also participate in therapeutic programming, which can help them make positive behavior and lifestyle changes that promote lasting recovery.
Benefits of taking part in therapy can include:
- Improved mental well-being: Therapy sessions offer patients a warm and welcoming space where they can discuss difficult emotions, traumatic experiences, and potential underlying concerns that may have contributed to their substance use.
- Development of accountability: Our empathetic professionals can offer guidance and invaluable emotional support while encouraging patients to take responsibility for their own actions.
- Decreased risk for relapse: Patients can identify triggers and learn strategies to manage emotional distress in a productive way, which can help them safeguard against future relapse.
- Increased awareness: We strive to help our patients remain committed to their recovery by educating them on addiction and the effects of substance abuse.
- Enhanced network of support: Patients can develop meaningful relationships with our staff as well as their peers, which can expand their support systems and improve their social wellness.
- Improved self-worth: Addiction can take a toll on a person’s confidence, and we are dedicated to helping those in our care rebuild their self-esteem and boost their self-image.
It’s not uncommon for individuals who have substance use disorders to struggle with mental health concerns at the same time. At our treatment center, we provide inpatient programming for those who are also battling co-occurring concerns, such as anxiety, depression, and posttraumatic stress disorder.
Why Choose Our Inpatient Detox Program?
At our state-of-the-art hospital, we offer an inviting therapeutic environment where individuals who have substance use disorders can receive transformative care and build a strong foundation for recovery.
With 24/7 medical supervision, patients in the detox program can rid their bodies of toxic substances and begin to think more clearly, which can help them fully engage in therapeutic services.
Key benefits of our detox program include:
- Promotes safety: Withdrawal from drugs and alcohol can be a dangerous process and may present serious health risks. In our detox program, we monitor patients’ vital signs and address immediate health concerns that may arise during treatment.
- Provides holistic support: Each patient in the detox program completes a comprehensive assessment that can help our staff learn more about their history of substance use, any co-occurring mental health concerns they may have, and their overall physical health. Using this information, our team creates a customized treatment plan for each individual that addresses their mental, physical, and emotional needs.
- Alleviates withdrawal symptoms: The prescription medications used in our detox program can help decrease cravings and uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms so that patients can end their substance use safely.
- Encourages success: Completing detox is an achievement that can motivate individuals to continue making progress toward their short- and long-term recovery goals.
When you receive our on-site detox services, we will tailor your care in a way that can yield the best results. The average length of stay is five to seven days, but your actual program duration will depend on your unique needs. During this time, you can receive focused support from a team of compassionate and understanding professionals, many of whom have specialized training and areas of expertise, including:
- Licensed counselors
- Licensed social workers
- An activity therapist
- Registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Clinical psychologists
Together, we provide patient-centered programming in a judgment-free environment. We acknowledge that each person’s healing journey is different, and we are committed to treating each person in our care with the utmost respect and dignity. If you have any questions or feedback during your time in the detox program, we encourage you to consult a member of your treatment team because we believe that when you play an active role in your recovery, you can achieve greater success.
While entering a detox program is a brave decision, we recognize that it is likely just the first step on your recovery journey. At Covington Behavioral Health Hospital, your continued success is important to us, and we will provide you with a detailed aftercare plan at the end of treatment that promotes your ongoing progress. Aftercare plans are highly individualized, ensuring that each patient has access to the resources they need. Recommendations may include outpatient services, local support groups, or follow-up therapy.
Our priority is to get individuals in need into treatment promptly while delivering a stress-free intake experience. For this reason, we have designed our admissions process to be seamless and efficient. Our team is available anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you begin the intake process and connect you with the treatment you need as quickly as possible.
Potential patients can reach us by phone to schedule a no-cost assessment, or they can simply walk into our inpatient hospital in Covington, Louisiana. If you contact us by phone, we will complete an initial screening with you to determine if our detox program can provide you with the support you need. If you visit us in person, we will learn more about your symptoms and ask you to complete some preliminary intake paperwork.
We strive to provide everyone with exceptional customer service from the moment they reach out to our team. If you have any questions about the admissions process or need help navigating the financial aspect of treatment, we encourage you to contact our team at your earliest convenience. We can take the time to discuss payment options and verify your benefits with your insurance provider.
If you or someone you love is suffering from a substance use disorder, don’t put off finding the help you need. Reach out to our team today to learn more about our detox program and how we can help you work toward the bright, substance-free future you deserve.
This content was written on behalf of and reviewed by the clinical staff at Covington Behavioral Health Hospital.